I am reading a wonderful book by Russ Harris: The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living: A Guide to ACT.
I believe there is a psychosomatic cause behind all diseases. I try to read about psychology, methods, etc to better understand myself. Even if I am mistaken in my belief, I end up understanding myself better and dealing with anxiety caused by Parkinson's in a more effective way.
The following rang so true with me:
"...read through the questions below, noticing what thoughts and feelings automatically come to mind.
- What are the major changes you'd make in your life, if difficult thoughts and feelings were no longer an obstacle?
- What projects or activities would you start or continue if your time and energy were not consumed by troublesome emotions?
- What would you do if fear were no longer an issue?
If difficult thoughts and feelings were no longer an obstacle...
- What sort of relationships would you build and with whom?
- What improvements would you make in your health and fitness?
- What changes would you make in your work?"